Technically 0 for 4. For those that let us know about Baby V, again thank you. We haven’t heard anything at this point which means that we are not “in the running” for next phase however we did fill out the pre-application Monday. Looks like they found a more suitable family for her.

Yesterday we got a call. A baby girl was being born today. Did we want to be presented to the birth mother? Of course! I rushed to get everything our lawyer needed from us. Then we waited… and waited… at noon (today) I still hadn’t gotten a call. I sent a text to our lawyer and not long after she gave me a call. The birth mother decided to keep the baby. Today we are grieving for what could have been. I cried until I couldn’t cry any more. I’m heartbroken, Chris is as well, but at the same time we are happy that this precious little girl will get to stay with her birth mother. Without God I would give up, but He is giving me strength and the wisdom to know that eventually this will all be worth it. When we are holding our child, the child God has for us, we will look back and know that all this pain is all worth it. This has become another part of our story and one day our child will know this story and will see that we loved him/her enough to NOT give up; to keep going – keep moving forward on this road. This journey is by far the hardest I’ve ever encounter, but I know that there’s a light somewhere at the end of this tunnel.